Without further ado, here are the results from Week 1:
My base soap formulation is a combination of coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, and shea butter. Serenity is an uplifting, springy herbal soap, featuring essential oils of spearmint, rosemary, and clary sage.
For the tiger stripe technique, I chose a monochromatic muted green color palette. The lighter green is colored with French green clay, while the darker green is colored with wheatgrass powder and just a hint of Australian black clay. What a thrill to cut this soap and see the uniqueness of each bar!

10 comments:
Very pretty and I love the sound of that EO blend!
You got perfect tiger stripes!
Love the name of you company. My mixed breed dog is from Russia and I call her a Siberian Retriever :D because she loves snow and cold weather.
Wow, your soap is so beautiful, and I like the fact that you used natural colorants, not easy to get such nice stripes using clays, but your soap is very nice! Love the EOs combination too!
Beautiful, and the fragrance sounds perfect!
Just lovely! Perfect stripes on the first one!
Looks fabulous, Ann! Love the natural look - great lines too!
Your blend of essential oils sounds great and I love how your tiger stripes came out with natural colors.
Well, these turned out beautiful. And the scent combination is really perfect for the look and also the time of year!
Gorgeous, love those natural colors!
Thank you all so much for your kind words! I'd never tried the tiger stripe technique before this, so it was definitely one of those batches that fell in the "experiment" category where you don't know if it's going to turn out well or a complete disaster (I've had my fair share of both!).
Post a Comment